Where to begin? The biggest news to date is that we are expecting a baby in October! And as of today, I am exactly 20 weeks along - the *official* halfway point. We couldn't be happier to have a little one on the way, and have decided to work with a wonderful group of homebirth midwives called Open Circle Midwifery. All prenatal checkups take place in the comfort of our own home, and we love the natural approach our midwives embrace. So far it's been a smooth, seamless process.
Since we're waiting to find out the sex of the baby on his or her birthday, I've been busy knitting gender-neutral little items for the babe. I'm starting with a sweet lace ivory hat that I've also made for other friends' babies. Next, I'll begin to tackle socks & booties, as baby will make his/her appearance right in the midst of the cooling temps of fall. I also recently finished my first baby sweater, which seems impossibly tiny but will hopefully fit for at least the first month or two. (Pictures of knitted goods to follow soon!)
I'm not terribly fond of taking photos of myself these days, but am also trying to embrace my new physique with a sense of grace. Here's a belly shot from last week, just over 19 weeks along:
Lately the most exciting thing has been to feel the little "flutters" going on in my belly. They are sweet reminders of the new little one that will be joining our family very soon.

3 comments:
How sweet it is!! This Gramma-to-be is expecting great joy this year!
Yay for babies!!
I'm Lyanna, and you've won my wetbag, WOOHOOO!!
I just need an address where you would like me to send it. If you know what you're having (or not), I'd love to make you a little something extra ;D
My email is: lyannaanderson@gmail.com
Thanks Lyanna!! I'm so excited! I just emailed you, but let me know if you need any other info.
Thanks again :)
Post a Comment