One word can best sum up the past two weeks: RAIN. Fortunately, there's a silver lining to this gloomy weather. My brother Dave made a trip up to visit us and brought along some surfboards too. This persistent storm system we're in has been sitting right off the coast, bringing us rain showers, gray skies and......incredible waves. Steve and Dave have been hitting up the surf every morning at 5 am and again after work too. I went along yesterday evening to capture some of the surf scene going on at Higgins Beach. It was quite the surfing spectacle - at one point I counted over 65 men and women in the waves. Even on a cloudy day the beach is a beautiful place to be. I curled up against a big rock, read my book and watched the bobbing mass of wetsuit-wearers catch wave after wave. Also saw a fair share of wipe outs. Good stuff.
I'm a graphic designer 9-5 and an artist, knitter, aspiring triathlete, blogger, dreamer, animal-lover, yoga practicer, tea-sipper, creative cook and spiritual seeker 24-7.
I live with my amazing husband Stephen and my sweet Tortie-Maine Coon cat Roma in one half of our two-family home in Portland, Maine. We are so excited to welcome a new addition to the family in October 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment