Some people have been asking how my triathlon training is going, so I thought I'd post this video footage of a recent swim clinic I participated in to prepare for the big event (in less than 3 weeks!) Swimming was the one aspect of the triathlon that I had been fearing the most...I've never considered myself a natural swimmer, and the idea of swimming for a prolonged period in the ocean sent shivers down my spine. However, after a few sessions in our local pool and in nearby lakes, I began to see swimming in a new light. I found it oddly addictive as my strokes began to improve and I could soon do laps and laps without stopping, and I began to actually enjoy the sport and looking forward to my next session.
Needless to say, ocean swimming is very different from lap swimming in a pool, so when I did the first swim clinic here in Casco Bay, I was taken aback by the cold, salty water at first. It took me about half of the course's distance to truly warm up and get into a nice rhythm, and by the end I felt great. I've learned that warming up is crucial to performing well in any sport, and plan on doing a nice warm up swim the morning of the triathlon before the race begins.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment