Saturday, February 23, 2008

Exciting News for Summer 2008!!

Even though summer is still a good three months away, we wanted to let you know about some exciting endeavors that we'll be participating in (and that we should begin training for today - or maybe yesterday...)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


On August 9th I will be participating in my first triathlon! It's a women's-only sprint triathlon just over the bridge from our home in South Portland. The course consists of a 1/3 mile swim in an ocean cove (brrrr....I will be wearing a wetsuit!), a 12 mile bike ride and a 3 mile run. I'm excited and nervous for this event, but it will be a great way to motivate myself to be active and get into shape. The swimming aspect really frightens me the most, so I am going to join a local pool to begin refining my strokes and building up some endurance in the water. The website for the triathlon is here: Triathlon

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In mid-August Steve will be cycling up the challenging Mt. Washington Hill Climb! He made it into one of the limited spaces available for the Hill Climb and will be racing up the auto road of Mt. Washington along side of some of the best cyclists in the world! The road is 7.6 miles all-uphill at some pretty steep grades. This hill-climb is rated the most difficult IN THE WORLD! That fact still boggles my mind. I probably won't see Steve for most of the summer as he'll be training feverishly for this in the mountains, seeking any steep hill he can find to train on. But it's very exciting that he's going to do this and if you want to find out more just check out the website here: Hill Climb


That's enough to keep us busy for a while....we'll update you with more info as these events get closer!


No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation